SoCal Apple Oatmeal Muffins
There are so many good breakfasts at The Cottage in La Jolla, California; but no matter what else you order, a basket of muffins and breadstuffs is essential. These apple oatmeal muffins are a longstanding favorite.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, cored, and chopped apples
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and line a muffin tin (8-10 full-size holes).
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, butter, sour cream, raisins, brown sugar, oats, and apples.
- In a smaller bowl, combine flour cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until just blended. Pour into muffin tins right to the top.
- Bake 25 minutes. Cool slightly before removing muffins from tin.