Breakfast Chilaquiles Recipe
In Southern California many people eat scrambled eggs with tortillas. Our chilaquiles take the idea one step further and stack the tortillas and eggs on top of each other.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 cups Canola oil
- 12 6-inch Corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 12 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 cups Salsa Fresca
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat the canola oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Fry the tortillas one at a time until crispy, turning once. Drain on a plate with paper towels.
- Wipe out the pan and melt the butter. Add the eggs and scramble until soft.
- To assemble, place 1 tortilla on the plate with 1 teaspoon of sour cream to keep it from sliding around. Add some scrambled eggs, sprinkle with some cheese, and top with another tortilla. Repeat the layers and top with a third tortilla.
- Finish off with the remaining scrambled eggs, some cheese, and a dollop of sour cream. Ladle the Salsa Fresca over the top. Garnish with the cilantro. We like to serve this with black beans and a slice of fresh fruit.