Fresh hollandaise sauce,eggs, turkey, and avocado: If you are in Southern California and you are a breakfast lover, this Benedict at the Cottage is a must.
San Diego, CA
- Prep Time:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 tbsp White vinegar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 English muffins split
- 4 slices Cooked turkey warm
- 8 slices Avocado thick slices
- 8 tbsp Hollandaise Sauce
- In a deep pot bring about 4 inches of water and the vinegar to a boil over high heat. Lower the temperature so the water begins to simmer.
- Crack 2 of the eggs into a small dish. Gently slip the eggs into the simmering water and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the English muffins and divide between two plates. Place a slice of turkey on top of each English muffin half.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon, and place on the turkey of two of the muffin halves.
- Gently slip the remaining 2 eggs into the simmering water and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, repeating the process.
- Add a slice of avocado to each side of each muffin half. Pour 2 tablespoons of hollandaise sauce over each egg.
- Serve with fresh fruit and Cottage Breakfast Potatoes.
Photos & Videos
Other The Cottage Recipes
What do you think of California Benedict?