Authentic Eats in Music City
Avoid the tourist traps and overly-trendy spots, and opt for fantastic meals in these quintessential Nashville eateries that will be the highlight of any visit. Below are six of the best local eateries in and around Nashville, Tennessee. With a range of food from pancakes to Nashville’s famous hot chicken, there is no reason to miss any of these restaurants if you are visiting The Music City.
- Don’t be discouraged by the line of customers waiting to get in the Pancake Pantry. It moves fast, and forking into sweet potato pancakes with ginger cream syrup makes the wait worthwhile.
- A correspondent once describes Arnold’s Country Kitchen as being “just about the very best meat-and-three” and we couldn’t agree more. It has become one of out favorite locations to eat in Nashville.
- Elliston Place Soda Shop has been around since 1939 which means they’re doing something right. With a variety of items on the menu, the banana pudding is an excellent dish for the end of a meal, and there is nothing that can beat the meat-and-three.
- When they say that their chicken is hot at Prince’s Hot Chicken Shack they are not messing around. Possibly the best fried chicken on earth, this restaurant can not be missed.
- Offering country ham that is cooked as near to perfection as we have seen, as well as excellent fried chicken and banana pudding, Loveless Café, in Nashville, has a large reputation for a reason.
- Serving their burgers between two pieces of French bread, instead of a normal bun, is one of the many things that sets the burgers at Rotier’s, in Nashville, apart from the rest of the town. Piled high, these fantastic hamburgers attract people from all over.
Arnold's is one of the best restaurants in Nashville, Tennessee, for a meat and 3 meal, from fried chicken and veggies to chocolate pie and banana pudding.
Nashville's legendary country-style cafe got famous for its fried chicken, biscuits, and preserves, but now The Loveless Cafe has a broad downhome menu.