This is a variation of the Blueberry Muffins but for strawberry lovers.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings
- ½ cup unsalted butter ( 1 stick ) melted and cooled
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of ½ orange
- 2 ⅓ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 ⅛ tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup roughly chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Whisk the butter, 1 ¼ cups sugar, salt, eggs, vanilla, and orange zest together in a bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and ⅛ tablespoon cinnamon over the butter mix. Add the berries to the flour mix and gently fold a few times. Add the buttermilk and gently mix together.
- Scoop out the dough into paper-lined muffin pans. Will make six Texas-size muffins or twelve standard muffins.
- Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons cinnamon with the remaining ¼ cup sugar and sprinkle on top of the muffins. Bake for 20 to 35 minutes, depending on the size of the muffins.
Other Loveless Cafe Recipes
What do you think of Strawberry Muffins?