Green Enchilada Sauce
Use this Green Sauce to coat chicken breasts before baking them. Once they are baked, top the breasts with more of the sauce, some crumbly Mexican cheese (cojita or feta) and chopped tomatoes. Return them to the oven until the sauce bubbles andserve them with crusty French bread rather than tortillas for soaking up maximum amountsof the sauce. To make a plate particularly attractive, sauce one part of the dish with green salsa and the other part with red.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 Cups Chopped Anaheim Chiles
- 1/4 Cup Garlic puree
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- In a Medium skillet heat the oil and saute the onion. Add the flour and mix well.
- Stir in the chiles, garlic puree, stock, salt and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree everything in a in a blender or hand blender
- Use immediately as a warm sauce for enchiladas or freeze for future use.