Garnishing every plate at Porubsky's Grocery and cafe in Topeka, Kansas, are hot-hot pickles. They start as briney dills, then get doctored up as follows. Serve them with sandwiches, or as they do at Porubsky's, chopped up on top of chili.Roadfood review of Porubsky's
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 16 Servings
- 1 32oz jar kosher dill pickle halves (about four large pickles), with brine
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Pour the brine from the pickle jar into a large bowl. Mix in the horseradish and cayenne pepper.
- Cut the pickles into large bite-size pieces and reimmerse them in the brine.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.