Crème Brulee French Toast
Crème brulee French toast is as deluxe-tasting as breakfast can be; and yet it is nearly as easy to prepare as bacon and eggs. We found it at Mamie's, a casual country restaurant / bakery in the foothills of the Berkshires.Roadfood review of Mamie's
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) melted butter
- 6 croissants
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the brown sugar, syrup, and vanilla and stir them into the melted butter until the mixture is smooth. Spread this mixture evenly in a 9x13x2-inch baking dish. Lay the croissants, bottom side up, over the butter mixture.
- Beat together the eggs and half-and-half. Pour this over the croissants.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until custard is firm.
Other Mamie’s Recipes
What do you think of Crème Brulee French Toast?