Hello again, y’all KFC fans on Roadfood!
The most ideal meal to have on Kentucky Derby Day (even if it’s after the *fastest 2 minutes* have been run):
* KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN (a must) Original Recipe and/or Extra Crispy
* KFC Savory Gravy (either brought home from a KFC location, or homemade see my recipe on facebook at the KFC group page)
* French Fries (with ketchup) (optional) or whipped mashed potatoes
* Seasoned Rice (from KFC, or homemade)
* Sliced Jelled Cranberry Sauce (another must)
* Buttermilk Biscuits (from KFC, or homemade)
* Drinks Iced Tea, Soda, or Kool-Aid
* Kentucky Derby Pie a mouth-watering array of pecans, peanuts, and chocolate served a la mode with ice cream
* Mint Julep individually wrapped mint flavored taffy squares
I try to have this meal served on Kentucky Derby Day the 1st Saturday in May! Also I get my tube tuned into the Derby, too!!