I work supporting small business owners so yours is not a new situation.
This is going to sound harsh, but here’s a few questions I have for you and maybe you should have asked yourself these questions as part of your business plan.
1. What help is provided by the local municipality for new businesses?
2. If none is available do I want to open a business there?
3. What size vending carts can I use ? (answer in the local bylaws)
3. What do I have to do to get a street vending license? (answer in the local bylaws)
4. How many carts can a street vendor run? (answer in the local bylaws)
5. What should I do if I don’t understand the bylaws? (hire a lawyer)
6. What should I do if I don’t get straight answers from the local legislators? (get a copy of the local bylaws and learn the rules)
The problem is not the municipality, the problem is that you didn’t do your homework and you’re now paying the price.