Congrats on your 10,000th post Paul. What a neat idea that you have about posting interests and hobbies. Here are mine:
2. Running and weightlifiting-I need to do it in order to eat all the yummy food.
3.Sports-Football, Baseball, Hockey, NASCAR-love to watch in person and on tv.
4. Genealogy-I have recently returned to my research and I love finding out about my ancestry-especially everyday facts like their jobs, the value of their homes, etc.
5. Politics-I am a political junkie and actually have been a volunteer on many political campaigns. I am currently volunteering for a gentleman who is running for US congress.
6. History- I love reading and watching historical movies, documentaries, etc. I absolutely loved the HBO series that was recently on about John Adams.
7. Lighthouses- I am a fanatic about lighthouses-they are such a big part of our history and love to visit different lighthouses when given the chance.
8. I am a huge animal lover
9. I will be looking ito taking shooting lessons at a local place as I plan on purchasing a gun for safety reasons within the next year or so.
10. I love trivia and love watching Jeopardy. I took the online Jeopardy test and I am supposedly in a "pool" for the next year with the "chance" to get called in for a tryout/interview. Wouldn’t that be nice?[:0]
11. I too have come to appreciate life more in the past 5 years or so. More illnesses and deaths have happened to close family members than I could have ever imagined and I am not even 40 yet. I have also learned that stress must be dealt with properly or it is one of the most toxic damaging things possible. It took me a while but I finally realize that those loved ones who are sick or who have died-they want you to live and enjoy life. Letting sadness and stress from their loss take over your life does not honor them.
12. I love flowers-all flowers. I would rather have a dozen carnations over a dozen roses anyday. To me carnations are much more beautiful.[:)]