1. A good Italian sub (SubWay’s "BMT" is a reasonable facsimile but most independent sub shops should be able to do better–except those are getting scarce on the West Coast); NO MAYO and NO MUSTARD–just oil and vinegar dressing, salt and pepper;
2. Basic tuna salad sandwich–tuna salad, dill pickles, a bit of lettuce, mayo on decent white bread toasted (made with chunk light tuna, NOT albacore which IMHO has no flavor and too much mercury;
3. Basic BLT–bacon, RIPE tomato, modest amount of lettuce and mayo also on decent white bread toasted;
4. A muffaletta but only if from a good purveyor in New Orleans;
5. Oyster loaf–ditto the above (although it would be possible for a sincere place outside NO to fake this one except I’ve only seen it tried once or twice).