I melted a tupperware bowl on the burner of an electric range.
My mom, sister, and I were all trying to get dinner ready. Mom assigned me the task of making the shortcake (see the strawberry season thread). Not having a lot of counter space, I put the bowl with the flour mixture on one of the burners. Set the butter to melting on another. After a few minutes I checked the butter…not melting. Thought something was wrong with the stove. Until I realized I had turned on the wrong burner. My first instinct was to get that bowl off of there. So I whipped it off really fast. I guess I thought if I caught it fast enough, my mom would be none the wiser. No such luck. I pulled the bowl off, but the bottom of the bowl stayed stuck to the burner. FLOUR EVERYWHERE! And the smell of the burning plastic was just sickening. My mom was about as mad as I’d ever seen her. Ruining a good tupperware bowl AND the beloved shortcake. It is a wonder she didn’t just banish me from the kitchen forever right then and there. Thanks for not doing that Mommmy!!!
We spent the next evening scrapping melted plastic off the burner. Such fun!!