I work at a large call center for a security company there are about 400 people in the building at any given time…. and microwave popcorn is unequivocally BANNED from the facility. Apparently too many false alarms and emergency fire drills… Now when they do monthly meetings, they fire up the old fashioned oil kettle popcorn maker… which is just fine cuz that tastes better anyway.
Also of note, I worked at the local greasy food stand on campus and to this day have a scar on the top of my hand the length of my middle finger (palm to middle knuckle) where I bumped the bottom of the kettle by accident and got a whopper of a grease burn. FYI- grease doesn’t rinse off. I had a blister on my hand that looked like I suddenly sprouted a third lip on my finger. Totally gross and only 2nd degree burn so VERY painful. Yeeeeeouch.