I think for 5 comfort meals I’d serve:
1. Spaghetti w/ or w/out meatballs and a salad;
2. Hot Browns w/ choice of turkey, ham or chicken as the meat and real
mashed potatoes and peas;
3. Pinto beans w/ cornbread and coleslaw;
4. Salisbury steak w/ real mashed potatoes and green beans;
5. Cabbage Rolls w/ real mashed potatoes and green beans.
I’d always have squash, stewed tomatoes, peas, french fries, cottage cheese,
onion rings, mashed potatoes, and corn that could be subbed for any of the veggies.
And, there’d always be a basket of warm rolls on the table.