For when you just HAVE to relive that last Bennigan’s experience….
Originally posted by UncleVic
Here’s a recipe I’m tempted to try, yet have had the time…
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
16 ounces of mozzarella cheese
3 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup water
1-1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup corn starch
Dash of salt and pepper
1/4 cup of pizza sauce or honey mustard, for dipping
– Mix together the eggs and water and set aside.
– Combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
– In another separate container, mix the flour and cornstarch.
– Cut your mozzarella into any desired shape: squares, rectangles, or sticks.
– One at a time, dip each piece of mozzarella into the egg mixture, then bread crumbs, then flour.
– Fry the sticks until they are golden brown, and serve with desired dipping sauce.