I think that Waffle House is certainly a special place in that:
1. You walk in and at least 3 or 4 employees call out "Good Morning!"
2. A cheerful server comes to you and politely asks if you are ready to order. If you indicate that you are not, she is fine with that and gives you time to decide.
3. The food is always cooked to order and nice and hot when served.
4. Even when the place is crowded, they will "do" poached eggs for you.
5. If you want to change the way a sandwich is made, they will gladly do it for you.
6. Happy to give you lots of refills of coffee or sweet tea!