A number of factors need to be considered.
1) How long are you going to be there? Maybe a room with a kitchenette would be appropriate?2) Is it business or please, and what is your personal costs, and what can you afford?
3) If a work trip, what time do you need to be on-site? Usually for me that is 7 ~ 8am (no time to hunt for local road food).
4) How much do you need breakfast? Some grab and go, some go without, some use it as their largest meal of the day.
5) Is the area you are traveling in competitive for hotels, or do they depend on the guests to "get by"?
6) Are there a lot of hotel choices?
7) Any family members traveling with you? I once had a week trip to Orlando, FL., that I gave the DW enough time to plot for, and then that made the hotel / breakfast thing a bit more important as of course she needed to bring the boys.
What I wanted to point out is that I don’t think anyone makes the decision that breakfast either makes/breaks the hotel choice, but may have influence.