OK–this is from Patti LaBelle Cookbook—and its great
Patti LaBelle’s Over the Rainbow Mac and Cheese
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound elbow macaroni
8 tablespoons (1 stick) plus 1 TBS butter
1/2 Cup muenster cheese (2 oz), shredded
1/2 Cup mild cheddar cheese (2 oz), shredded
1/2 Cup sharp cheddar cheese (2 oz), shredded
1/2 Cup Monterey jack cheese (2 oz), shredded
2 Cups half and half
1 Cup Velveeta (8 oz), cut into small cubes
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart casserole.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the oil, then the elbow macaroni, and cook until the macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain well. Return to the cooking pot.
4. In a small saucepan, melt 8 Tbsps of the butter.
5. Stir into the macaroni.
6. In a large bowl, mix the Muenster, mild and sharp Cheddar, adn Monterey Jack cheeses.
7. To the macaroni, add the half-and-half, 1 1/2 C fo the shredded cheese, the cubed Velveeta, adn the eggs.
8. Season with salt & pepper.
9. Transfer to the buttered casserole.
10. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 C of shredded cheese and dot with the remaining 1 Tbsp of butter.
11. Bake until it’s bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.
I add a shot or twelve of Tabasco![:p]