Home › Forums › Restaurant Professionals Forum › Professional Hot Dog Vendors › Business start and sale question. (soory if this is a repost had a problem when posting) › Business start and sale question. (soory if this is a repost had a problem when posting)
Lu and Dave
First I’d like to start off by saying thank you. This board is filled with helpful information and people, that I have just hit the tip of the ‘iceberg’ on.
I have just recently been introduced to the prospects of the ‘hot dog vending’ industry. I am very intrigued, and in a point in my life where I need to start something new and different. From this last bit of research ( all mainly provided here on this site ) I have decided I’d like to go through the efforts and give it a shot. Now pardon me for saying but I don’t like doing ANYTHING half a$$ed! When I do something I don’t see failure as an option. So I went into a more detailed search. Which brings me to my first real question.
Is it a reasonable solution to start into this business with second hand ( used ) equipment?
Now normally I am not a big fan of buying anything used, or starting small, I go for the newest and best reasonable solution.
But I recently saw this one particular ad that stood out a bit on craigslist.
Everything Needed to Start your own hotdog cart business!! You won’t have to buy anything else to get started.
Sale of Cart Includes All This…
1) 2004 All American- New Yorker Hot Dog Cart with title Cart has: Flat top griddle, 2 burners with full steam table set-up, running water with hand sink(hot/cold), built-in cooler, fire extinguisher (just inspected). This cart was just inspected in Florida Feb 2011. The cart is already registered with DMV. Cart is 4ft long x 3ft 4inches wide. All Trailer lights are working. New front wheel for easy pushing from car to location.
2) Sabrett Hot Dog Umbrella- Like New
3) 5 hanging snack holders (for chips/candy ect..)
4) 4 ft table with folding legs
5) 3 Tongs, 2 Spatulas, all stainless steal pans needed to operate, 3 ladels, 5 sqeeze bottles, sanitizer bucket with tests strips, white cloths, 2 high temp thermometers, 1 cooler thermometer, cash box
6) 2 five gallon propane tanks
7) 20 Gallon waste basket with box of trash bags
8) ketup, mustard, spicy mustard with 3 reusable hand pumps
9) Signs: 4 ft HOT DOGS banner, 5ft Italitan Sausage Banner, 3 ft color italain sausage banner with picture, 2 A-frames with professional printed inserts, 2 jumbo magnets for sids of cart, lawn sign
10) Stand alone 3.5 ft portable grill with flat top griddle attachement (great for private parties or large festivals) increases your food cooking capacity at least 5x. Brand NEW.
11) 150 Sabretts Hot Dogs, 60 Hebrew National 1/4 pound hot dogs (all frozen, never opened), 2 cases of pepsi, 1 case mountain dew
12) Coleman portable deep fryer, with attachment for 5 gallon propane hookup, with thermometer and timer, 5 gallons of frier oil, frier oil strainer
13) 2 brand new chafer pans to keep food warm- comes with 12 brand new chafer warmer candles for under chafer
14) 2 Napkin dispensers with 3/4 case of napkins, 1 box aluminum foil hotdog wraps, 1 box paper hot dog holders, 2 boxes of disposable gloves
15) I am certified to proctor/administer “Certified Food Manager” and “food handler” exams, (Florida State Required). I will provide review and proctor 1 of each certification exam for free.
Dont’ waste your time looking anywhere else for a better deal!! I have everything you will need to start your own business.
Many other used carts are difficult to register at the DMV due to title problems ours is already registered, just transfer the plates.
He’s asking for $6,000.00. Now from my rough estimates this equipment all and all including banners and such even at retail price ( which I never pay because I am in advertising myself ) should only cost between $,47,641490,0,124811,188.8.131.52
641489,641328,641486,2011-03-18 10:57:05.277000000,Re:Costco’s new dogs”