Home › Forums › Roadfood News & Information Forums › Roadfood News Forum › 3/12/2020 Update of Failed Forum Software Migration › Reply To: 3/12/2020 Update of Failed Forum Software Migration
On second thought, the five factors that caused me to conclude that Elan is not presently actively working to get a working forum back online are not really that necessary to keep private. It did include details of an email I sent.
I realize that Fexy can read my private messages. But the funny thing is that everything I posted since March 1, 2020 is still here. They could ban me, but then I would pony up for a VPN and come back again. They haven’t banned me either. My aim is to get the senior management of Fexy to get a working forum back up, along with restoring all of the old REVELANT editorial content (they don’t have to restore any leftover spam). I would be very surprised if Fexy management did not do something to ameliorate the problem. It’s a little like getting the phone or cable company to fix a circuit that craps out all the time.
I would like for you to work with me to determine if the PM function, message function, chat function, whatever you want to call it, is working. If it is not working, I will add it to the list of problems on this update thread. According to the timer in the chat function, 18 hours ago I sent a message to you with about 200 characters. The message started out with:
“Part 2: a) Playing gumshoe, reading all threads for 10 days”
Here’s what to do in MOP (Method of Procedure) format.
1. Log in.
2. After you log in, you should see your name. Click on your name.
3. Your user page should come up. The URL will end in: user/tj+jackson/ I can’t give the full URL, as this bbPress software will delete the last part of the URL.
4. You will see a black bar in the middle of the screen. There are three buttons on this bar: About, Messages, and Forums.
5. Click on Messages.
6. You should see what looks like a chat window open up below this black bar. At the bottom of the “chat window”, there will be a box that reads “Type Your Message…”. Under the box, you will see the number 200.
7. Just below the black bar, assuming others did not already try to message you, you should see my name and that silhouette of a person.
8. Underneath the name bar, you should see my message.
Looking forward to your test results.
Total Posts: ~2213
Location: I don’t want Lisa finding me
Status: ask bbPress
Timed 3:29 PM EDST Sunday, March 15, 2020
“Roadfood.com from Fexy Media, the gold standard for online food journalism.”