Home › Forums › Roadfood News & Information Forums › Roadfood News Forum › 3/12/2020 Update of Failed Forum Software Migration › Reply To: 3/12/2020 Update of Failed Forum Software Migration
1. Might want to see of Tony can pin this topic.I was going to start a similar thread but just with one line summations of the problems we want fixed.
2. I do not have the chat/PM function that you mention. No matter whose user ID I click on, I am taken to MY profile page, which is blank and there is no way to bring up a form to add any information. I can’t even start a chat with myself (lol).
3. Besides all you have noted above I believe several months worth of posts just before the migration have been lost. Posts that I made to my Houston chili thread and the what’s for dinner thread are gone.
4. If there is anybody here with a WordPress account, you can use that to log into the bbPress Support forum and perhaps post some questions or requests for help that will get us somewhere, since Fexy is ignoring us. Not a Fexy or Roadfood account, a WordPress account.
5. A possible work around for log-in problems has occurred to me; I haven’t tried it. Try logging on to the other half of the site, with the reviews and guides, etc. If you’re logged in to the Forums, you’re automatically logged in over there. Perhaps it works the other way and you might avoid the problems posed by Jetpack, this screwed up forum software and the screwed up migration.
Best wishes to everybody.