Watermelon punch is fine by itself, "Tom allows. But he adds with a chuckle that the motivation for making this punch is usually to spike it. "Vodka, tequila, any basic clear liquor works, even rum."
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 Servings
- 1 large watermelon (10lbs) refrigerated
- sugar to taste
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 8oz can orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1-2 cups vodka or white rum optional
- Cut the watermelon in half, scoop out the fruit, and put it in a bowl. Squish the melon with both hands and break it up into pulp. Strain with a large sieve and extract the juice.
- Add the sugar to taste, then salt, and then the orange juice concentrate.
- Grind the ice in a blender with the watermelon juice. Stir in the vodka or rum if desired.