Tomato Cucumber and Red Onion Salad
Here is an early summer salad that takes advantage of a garden's fresh yield.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 Servings
- 1 red onion cut in ¼-inch wedges
- 4 cucumbers peeled and sliced in ½-inch rounds
- 3 Roma tomatoes cored and cut into ½-inch wedges
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Soak the red onion wedges in salted ice water for 30 minutes and then drain well.
- Put the onion, cucumbers, and tomatoes in a large bowl and season with the salt and pepper.
- Mix together the vinegar, sugar, and canola oil in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved. Add to the vegetables and toss well. Refrigerate. To serve, add the chopped parsley and toss.
Other Loveless Cafe Recipes
What do you think of Tomato Cucumber and Red Onion Salad?