Sicilian Orange Salad
Since Carbone's opened in 1938, the city of Hartford has changed all around it. But this family-run restaurant has remained a beacon of deluxe Italian food, expertly prepared and dramatically presented. Perhaps the best-loved dish in the house is Sicilian orange salad, so well-known to regular customers that it isn't listed on the menu.Roadfood review of Carbone's: https://roadfood.com/restaurants/carbones/
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 6 large seedless oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp mustard
- Hot pepper seeds to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Arrange the orange slices on a cold platter.
- Thinly slice the onion and arrange it over the oranges.
- Crush the anchovies and garlic together. Add the oil, lemon juice, and mustard. Blend well.
- Sprinkle the pepper seeds over the oranges and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle on the parsley. Spoon on the anchovy sauce and serve.