Pool Hall Slaw
Tom attributes this recipe to a little dive in west Tennessee that was known for its hamburgers. They were served in the same way barbecue sandwiches are served in that region, topped with cole slaw rather than with lettuce and tomato.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 head green cabbage cored and thinly sliced
- Place the onion, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until the onion is tender and the liquid is reduced by half (approximately 5 minutes total cooking time).
- Set aside and let it steep for a few minutes. Add the mayonnaise and stir. Take the mixture and fold in with the cabbage.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve or at least 30 minutes. The slaw should have a mustard color and is great on a pulled pork sandwich or a hamburger.
Other Loveless Cafe Recipes
What do you think of Pool Hall Slaw?