Known as the "champagne of the South," sweet tea is an essential part of meals in cafes and in homes. "It's not just the sugar that makes ice tea southern," Tom Morales notes. "It's the way you say sweet tay."
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 5 Servings
- 6 cups water
- 6 tea bags standard size
- 7 tbsp sugar
- 10 fresh mint leaves optional
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Put the tea bags in the water and let them steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a large pitcher and add the sugar and mint leaves.
- Fill the pitcher with ice and serve.