Garlic Mozzarella Bread
We got this recipe years ago when we collaborated with Chef Sissy Hicks on the Dorset Inn Cookbook. Sissy described her extra-luxurious garlic bread as "everybody's favorite." It's a good side dish for all sorts of dinner, or, with soup or salad, a wonderful lunch.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 sub roll or demi-loaf, 6-8 inches long
- 2 1/4-inch thick slices mozzarella cheese, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup garlic butter (recipe follows)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 5 sprigs parsley, stemmed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread into 1/2-inch slices, being careful not to cut all the way through the loaf. Put a piece of cheese into each slit. Spread garlic butter over the top of the loaf. Bake on baking sheet 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is browned on top.
- To make the garlic butter, mince the garlic, shallots, and parsley in a food processor. Transfer this mixture to a stand mixer. Add salt, pepper, and butter. Using the paddle attachment, whip until the butter is soft.