The summer garden's yield is at the heart of this refreshing salad, especially welcome on a hot day. Tom: "We can live off garden cucumbers through most of the summer. A dish of cucumbers and onion can take the place of a salad."
- Prep Time: 10 minutes minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Dash of fresh lemon juice
- Cut the cucumbers into ½-inch rounds. You may use a peeler and alternate strips for decoration. Cut the onion into thin slices on half-rings.
- Heat the vinegar and sugar to melt the sugar. (Do not boil.) When cooled, toss the mixture over the cucumbers and onions, stirring gently to combine. Add the salt and pepper and the dash of fresh lemon juice at the end. Serve chilled.
Other Loveless Cafe Recipes
What do you think of Cucumber Salad?