Biscuit Bread Pudding
Blue Willow Inn founder Louis Van Dyke gave us this recipe as a great way to make use of leftover biscuits. It's good with bread, too; but biscuits give it a true-South flavor.Blue Willow Inn Roadfood review
Blue Willow Inn
Social Circle, GA
- Prep Time: 10 minutes minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 cups milk
- 8-10 leftover biscuits or 1/2 loaf toasted white bread
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add butter and milk. Beat well.
- Coarsely crumble the biscuits or bread and add that to the mixture. Mix well, but do not beat. Put it into an ungreased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until brown.
- Serve warm. Lemon sauce or bourbon sauce are good toppings.
Other Blue Willow Inn Recipes
What do you think of Biscuit Bread Pudding?