Barbecue Breakfast & Hoe Cakes
Tom ate barbecue on hoecakes when he was growing up, but this particular recipe reminds him of a breakfast place in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, where he used to joke with the waitress to give him one egg to the left and one egg to the right. And that's just how he got them!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup shoe peg corn
- 2 cups hoe cake mix
- 8 eggs
- 1 lb pulled pork
- 1 cup Loveless Barbecue Sauce
- Pour the oil into a skillet to cover the bottom. Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl combine the corn and hoe cake mix. When hot, ladle the mix into the oil. Brown the cakes on both sides and repeat to make 8 cakes.
- Cook the eggs to order. Place ¼ pound pork on top of hoe cakes and drizzle with 1/4 cup of the sauce. Serve 2 hoe cakes and 2 eggs per serving.