Ordinary oatmeal will never taste right once you've spooned into these extraordinary baked oats from the Corner Cafe in Wakarusa, Indiana. The recipe comes from Joanne Stuttgen's Cafe Indiana Cookbook, and it was a huge hit when served for breakfast at the Greater Midwest Culinary Alliance conference in April, 2012.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- Honey for drizzling
- Garnishes: additional honey, raisins, cream, brown sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and baking powder for 3 minutes. Add milk and oats.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and drizzle with honey. Bake 30 minutes. Serve warm, garnished as desired.